Thursday, June 12, 2008

This must be some cosmic joke.

My Tour de Cure ride is on Saturday - today is Thursday. I have been training and riding and feel like I am totally ready to go. Then on Monday afternoon, I began with a full blown allergy attack - congestion, scratchy throat, itchy eyes. I am sure the baseball every night of the week in the great out of doors didn't help.
But by Tueday night, it was getting a little worse. I took a Zyrtec and now, it has developed into a cold.
A COLD??? IN JUNE???? I mean really. I am pretty anal about the whole sickness bit. It is really hard on me - with the Addison's and Diabetes, illness just isn't an option. So, all winter, I have not been sick once. No colds, no flu, no strep throat, unlike most of the neighborhood. I guess the cosmos decided that I just can't be lucky enough to miss out all together. And here I am with a runny nose, sore throat, cough, fever (although it broke in the night).
So to the universe I say - screw you!!! I am still riding on Saturday. It may take me longer since I can't really breathe, but I didn't work this hard to raise money (Thanks to those of you who contributed) or to be ready to ride, only to give in to a stupid cold.
So, I am home today - no car (Kent's is in the shop) - recooperating which again - I don't do all that well. I keep looking around the pig sty we call home thinking how much there is to do around here. Trying to lay low and not wear myself down.
But with any luck, or cosmic shifting, maybe I will be feeling fine come Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Buffy said...

You are soooo funny! I'm very sorry you are sick tho, I know that really sucks! I am praying for a cosmic shift for you. But I with you shout your battle cry...SCREW YOU, UNIVERSE! :)