Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Week of School

So, we finally made it back to school this week! YEAH! The kids were ready and I was more than ready for them to get back to class. However, it does mean that my reign as PTA pres begins officially. But, I can get back to my career and such if the kids are in school.
We had to go back to school shopping, which is my least favorite thing to do. I guess I am not a shopper - I would rather go in and get out - I really hate window shopping.
So, take my 3 kids shopping to find their traditional first day of school outfit and new backpacks, shoes, etc, and it was one exciting day. The boys want to wear nothing but slicky shorts and pants - no jeans - especially for Spencer. They however are not really hard to find, except small enough to fit around Spencer's waist. Robyn is a little harder. I remember shopping with my mom for things and having the exact same conversation with her - do you like this, hm...I don't know. I guess it is coming full circle.
So in order to keep the peace, we decided to finish a scooter skirt that we had begun making - actually we needed Aunt Cindy to come and finish it. The pattern says easy to sew, but let me tell ya - not so easy. But it did turn out cute.

And so after many weeks of anticipation, the kids had their first day. And were so excited to see all their friends and meet new teachers. It was really fun to listen to them.
Then we had Back to school night on Thursday night - where you join the PTA, meet the teachers, volunteer for things in the school. This was my first big thing - and it stressed me out a lot. Actually, I didn't realize how much until today - the day after. I have been completely exhausted all day - trying to work and such. Just feel like I need to decompress. I feel pretty good about how it went - I hope everyone else also felt that it went pretty good.
But the most fun part of the evening for me was seeing all my friends and meeting new friends and teachers. So in a way, it was like my first day of school too.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Besty,
I can believe your kids are so big! Good luck with the PTA! Scotlyn just started school in July, she is off track now for three weeks. She loves school. Mike and I were talking about having another Halloween get together like we did a few years back. We will let you know when we get something planned. Our blog site is http://ourfunfamilyoffive.blogspot.com/
Hope to see you soon.
Debbie

The MacQueens said...

I'm sure you are going to be an awesome PTA pres! Good luck with that & happy first day of school! :)