Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Such a slacker!

Man, I have been such a blog slacker! I never think about how long it has been between posts. We just get so busy with life - getting ready for school to end, baseball season, yard work, regular work. I know everyone has it - but I'm not busy with your life :)

We've had a 4th grade program with Jacob and his classmates singing about Utah history. Really cute job. We had our 6th grade Monster Ochestra concert - with nazi conductors - but the kids did really well - Robyn plays the violin and Spencer plays the cello. And we have only gone through 4 strings this year!

Then we had the 6th grade musical - Dig it. All about the different civilizations they have learned about - Mesopotamia, Greece, China- I'm not sure what else.
Jacob's best friend who lived next door, had to move with his family, and as you can see from this pix, it was a very emotional night! So sad, even Cindy and I started crying. He then proceeded to milk it for all it was worth - I'm too sad to do my jobs, I'm too sad to sleep - I need to watch tv, I'm too sad to go to church. It then just became pathetic.
Hopefully, a really great family will move in so that he can have a new best friend.

And now, we patiently await Friday - the last day of school - 6th grade graduation, early dismissal and then party time. I am just looking forward to sleeping in and goofing around, at least for the first few days.
Ah, Summer, summer, summer time...

3 comments:

Anne Dixon said...

Good grief Betsy, your fluorescent green letter typ is killing my eyes! Enjoy summer!

Buffy said...

Nice summary! I'm impressed!! :)

Kim Felt said...

Not to mention that you're done being the PTA president. Dont tell me that wasn't on your mind. :) I didn't forget you on my blog. I sent you an invite but you have to follow the link from your email!