Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm done with this family!

I don't know about any of your families, but our family is full of 5 very passionate, very strong willed personalities. And lately, there has been an awful lot of clashing - especially when it comes to the children! I know, surprise, surprise. Lately it seems that they begin fighting with one anther the moment they wake up - I mean, literally - eyes pop open and the screaming and yelling commences! It gets especially testy in here when mom and dad are a little testy. I know, surprise, surprise.
Anyway, last Sunday as we were getting ready for church (which I'm pretty sure is supposed to be a peaceful and calming experience on our souls, but somehow we are missing it), Kent, who I swear has to be early, and me, who I swear has to be right on time or late...hence the testiness, were trying to get everyone ready to leave with as minimal amount of stress as possible. Jacob and Spencer began their usual rowdiness, this time fighting over the bathroom sink and the toothpaste - we are talking fisticuffs here. When all of a sudden there was a very loud squall "I'm am done with this family! So done!" and the pounding began.
Here is the trouble with things like this, neither Kent nor I could stop ourselves from laughing to really figure out if it was the whole family or just Spencer. It took us off guard. But it apparently made Jacob feel better just to scream it out.
The moral of the story - just let it out! When we get to our limit, just shout - I'm am so done with ...!you fill in the blank. I'll let you know how it works for me next time - you might even hear me shout it out!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

That is too funny Betsy!

Buffy said...

Wow!! Leave it to Jacob I SWEAR that kid is hilarious!!! But I'm with him, sometimes "I am SO done with this family! SO DONE!"

Anne Dixon said...

Hilarious! But i must say it is a little discouraging that apparently the fighting doesn't go away when they get older...