Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday?

It is super tuesday - which is funny since it isn't really super. I guess I don't really like any of the candidates enough to be excited. Although this morning as the kids and I were watching the weather before school, Spencer told me he was voting for Mitt Romney, cause he's a Mormon. I said well just cause he's a Mormon, doesn't mean he will be a good president. And Spencer was quick to reply that of course it does. Ah, if it really were that easy. And how grateful I am for his innocence!
It is an incredible day, however, in that it is the first time a female and an african american has been this successful in a run for president. I don't really like Hillary, so she won't get my vote, but it is pretty cool. But Obama is pretty inspirational. I don't really care that much for him either, but he is a great speaker.
And as far as the republicans go, it is like a bunch of little boys on the playground. Fighting, making alliances, ganging up on each other. They need a woman to smooth it out. But honestly, republicans will never elect a woman - dang chauvinists!
Maybe it is just too dang cold and snowy for me to make a decision!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

I hear ya. I am already tired of the cold...and the politics. Both of which we have many more months of!!

Kofa High Sports Medicine said...

I've jumped on the Obama bandwagon. I don't trust the Republican party as a whole anymore and I just feel like he is the only Democrat (and politician, frankly) that seems to be somewhat genuine and might actual spark some change. I'm sick of the Republicans saying that this war is saving our lives and that we better be glad they got into because if we ever get out, there will be another 9/11! And I'm sick of Democrats all saying they were against it from the start! Who cares? None of you did anything about it, so what good is it to say that now? I just wonder who takes these polls that tell the politicians what we are thinking because it's never really in line with what I'm concerned about.