Thursday, October 30, 2008

Birds do it, Bees do it.

I know I am really behind. I know everyone is anxiously awaiting my post of Robyn & Spencer's 12th birthday party - which was a total blast if I do say so myself. But I will do that later.
The other night we were in the car coming home from my mom's and Jacob says he knows where babies come from. This was kind of out of the blue so I said Where?
J: The mom hatches an egg and the baby comes out.
me: ok, sort of. What does the daddy have to do with it.
J: The mom and dad get together and have (loudly)S(whispering)e-x. That's how they hatch the egg.
me: How do you know this?
J: Robyn and Spencer (I didn't tell him, no-uh, no way, as they slink lower and lower in their seats)
me: It's no big deal - this is natural. Why don't we talk about it a little? Where does the baby come out (this was really more for Kent and my curiosity - I mean, come on. you can only imagine, can't you)
J: The baby comes out of the mom's penis or where it would be if she had a penis (more groaning of embarrassment from the peanut gallery in the back).
By this time Kent and I are laughing hysterically. Never fully surprised at what comes out of Jacob's mouth. His mind just tends to go places the other two never talk about.
We finished up the confab after giving correct names to all the body parts and answering a few more questions, and even more embarrassing groans from the 12 year olds.
So much fun!

8 comments:

Tammy Gallahan said...

That's awesome! I would have loved to see a picture of how red Spencer and Robyn's faces were.

Lisha said...

That is too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

That was so funny. This is just a taste of what we will be hearing from our kids in a few short years, I'm sure.

Heather said...

Oh I can't wait to hear what comes from my kids when we get to that point! What a hoot

Adrian said...

I just have to enjoy the fact that our kids are still small enough that I don't have to answer these kind of questions yet. But, oh what I have to look forward to...
I can't believe Robyn and Spencer are 12!!! Congratulations.

Buffy said...

This is seriously one to hold on to for future embarrassing moments with is future wife! :) hehehe

Sally Sirmans said...

You know, it's interesting...my girls asked while in the car also. I think they are trained somehow to do that so you are trapped and have to complete the conversation. Excellent work, parents.

Candice said...

haha. Sounds like you totally kept your cool. I'm sending my boys to your house when they have questions!